Saturday, September 8, 2012

Working out

After spending time and money getting my knees looked into, mostly to find out I'm just getting older (I'm laughing, getting older beats the alternative), and putting it off as long as I could, I started working out with Tom again.

I did this for a few months in 2009, when I was unemployed and we were trying to run a fitness studio with partners who were, well, glad they're out of our lives let's just say... I was really hitting my groove, and looking better, then a lot of shit hit a lot of fans and I just quit.

But now I'm back. And I'm remembering, I REALLY like lifting weights. I like seeing something heavy and saying "I'm gonna move that", I like how any stress I'm feeling goes right into my muscles when I'm lifting, then when I'm done, BAM, it's gone. We're going to work on my bench press next week. He thinks I'm going to be able to do 100 pounds, if not now, then very soon. I will LOVE that.

It's so good that there are so many different ways to exercise. Cardio... I'm sorry, I still get SO bored and I don't like it. I'll keep trying though. Maybe there's something out there that I'll click with.

Anyway, that's what I'm up to. Still trying to be a healthier me :)

1 comment:

Jen said...

oh how i hate cardio. unless it's in the water or on a bike. weights seem fun. i can't wait to be healed up to try them in your garage!

i love hearing about how much you love weights. isn't it fun to find the exercise that doesn't suck?