Monday, March 29, 2010

meatless...one meal at a time

I figured since this blog was my idea and I made Jennifer start it, that the least I could do was make a damn post!

So, a friend of mine recently sent me a link to an article about "meatless monday" It's a non profit organization whose goal is to reduce meat consumption by 15%. According to them (and other sources that I've read) reducing meat in your diet is healthier for you and for the planet. I think Paul McCartney is a supporter of Meatless Mondays but whatever because he seems a little douchy.

I generally eat two meals a day. I'm sure most health and diet experts would hate to hear this, but I never eat breakfast. Anyway, in order to try to get healthier (and if it helps the planet a little too, why the hell not!) I'm going to try to make one of my two meals a day meatless.
Also as an animal lover, it just makes sense to stop eating animals. I was going to go on a rant about the ethical reasons behind this but decided to spare you all!

Anyone who's interesting in cutting out or down on their meat intake should check out www.meatlessmondays.com I just found it but it seems to have some good info!



(the above picture has nothing to do with anything, I found another super cool pic when I google image searched "vegetarian" but when I went to the site to get a larger version it was gone. I found this instead)

2 comments:

Jen said...

1. i love this idea. i'm going to make next monday meatless!

2. i'm torn about the whole vegetarian thing. i love animals, but i also love chicken sandwiches.

3. that pic made me LMFAO and almost spit coffee out of my nose.

vivalarobot said...

what about the morningstar farm 'chicken' patties? they're good!

that pic is crazy and for it's titled 'happy new year' sure.