Saturday, June 30, 2012
well, i started my eating healthy & exercising in january. i'm down 30 pounds. i have 20 more pounds to lose by the end of the year to reach my goal. i want to be under 200 pounds by january 1st, 2013.
i'm proud of the weight loss i've achieved so far, but i've hit a plateau. so now it's time to kick it up a notch.
my plan of attack for phase 2, otherwise known as "fuck this shit, i'm gonna lose the weight because i can!!!":
1. i can eat all the produce! it's summer and there's great fruits and veggies available. i'm going to try and base my diet on as much produce and as little animal products as possible.
2. very little cheese. less meat & dairy. soy instead of creamer in my coffee. i'll still eat egg beaters and chicken, turkey, and fish, but much less of it.
3. stick with very few starchy carbs. no bread, rice, pasta or potatoes. or very little of it. my carbs need to come from fruits & vegetables.
4. start cutting back on coffee and wine. this is going to be my toughest challenge. but i know it needs to happen, especially the wine.
5. experiment with juicing, more vegan based recipes, etc... (this is the "i want to be more like carol & also lower my husband's cholesterol" step.)
6. get back to the gym! i've been slacking a bit on exercise. half-assing it. i let my bad "time of the month" get me down & not exercising. time to get back to swimming, and more spinning. sunday i'm going to start a class with weights. i need to build muscle.
ok, it's 5:40am, time to get to the pool!!!