Monday, April 2, 2012

Finished with first 28 days

I finished the 28 day "intro" thing for Engine 2 (I honestly don't remember all the words they use! I'm sure they have more glamorous terms than "intro" and "thing"!) as of Sunday. I honestly never thought I could give up cheeseburgers. And cheese! But, after this 28 days, I gotta say, I feel really, really good. I feel like this is how I should have been eating all along.

My initial plan was to do this 28 days, then figure out what I wanted to bring back into my diet. But I feel so good, I'm not bringing anything back. Well, I take that back. I have loosened up the "absolutely no oil" rule. I'll still leave oil out as much as I can, but there are some things that are just plain better with a teeny bit of oil. I learned how to make some kick ass salad dressings and sauces without oil, but I am totally ok with adding a smidge of oil to the pan if it means my tempeh bacon gets crispy crunchy edges.

I mean geeez. I swapped out tempeh for pig, a LITTLE oil? I'm ok with that :)

I did lose 7.5 pounds in March, too. Later this week, I will get my blood tested again, see what's up with the cholesterol. Gotta see how things are going with my Project 150!

1 comment:

Jen said...

it's been great, getting to share this journey with you. and while my diet is all about lean protein (a lot of chicken & turkey), i now try to include vegetarian meals.

seeing you give up cheese prompted me to take a lot at my own cheese consumption and now i've cut it way back.

i now eat lots of veggies and try new vegetarian recipes, so thanks for sharing your engine 2 journey!