Sunday, January 1, 2012

23 1/2 hours

23 1/2 hours

It’s such a simple concept. Exercise make you healthier and helps you live longer. But for me, and I’m sure for others, it’s a struggle. I know for myself, it’s not so much a struggle against external factors. It’s a struggle against myself. I own an exercise bike. I work at a job that has exercise equipment available. I’m single, no kids, no major time commitments outside of my job. Yet I still don’t take the time to do it. This video makes a really solid point, and I don’t mean to “spoil” the video, but the title is kind of a giveaway anyways.

The summarizing point of the video is this. ”Can you limit your sitting and sleeping to just 23 1/2 hours a day?” Well, yeah, when you put it that way, of course I can. 30 minutes a day. That’s 2% of your day. For a logical nerd like me, that’s evidence that’s kinda tough to ignore.

No comments: