i just wondered how everyone was doing with their exercise goals.
here are my random updates, thoughts, etc...
- i still love swimming. i try to go every day, because i just feel amazing afterwards. plus i "reward" myself with some time in the hot tub or the sauna, and that seems to really help with my arthritis. i sleep better & my mood is always great after i swim.
- my 30 minutes of swimming and water exercises is good, but i need to "kick it up a notch" if i'm going to lose more weight. so my goals for next week:
- take a "master swimming" class to learn how to swim better and burn more calories
- try a yoga class
- try an aerobics class
- my gym offers so many classes at all hours of the day and evening, and it's all free, so i need to be brave, go out of my comfort zone (the pool), and try new stuff.
- i'm sticking to the high protein, low carb diet. i'm following the weight loss surgery rules about water (when to drink it, how much etc...) i don't even miss bread, rice or pasta!
- i am struggling with drinking wine. i need to limit that to 1-2 times a week. i was doing good with this until monday. i keep coming up with reason why i "need" a glass of wine. like:
- i had a bad day at work!
- i have PMS!
- it's the weekend!
- the thing is, i know better. i never use those excuses to skip working out, so why use them to drink wine? i need to work on this. i don't need to beat myself up. just try, try, try to get better.
i think trying, making improvements, and moving past the "mistakes" or failures is the key. keep moving forward!