Wednesday, January 18, 2012

checking in...

Just Checking In On You



i just wondered how everyone was doing with their exercise goals.

here are my random updates, thoughts, etc...


exercise:

  • i still love swimming.  i try to go every day, because i just feel amazing afterwards.  plus i "reward" myself with some time in the hot tub or the sauna, and that seems to really help with my arthritis.  i sleep better & my mood is always great after i swim.
  • my 30 minutes of swimming and water exercises is good, but i need to "kick it up a notch" if i'm going to lose more weight.  so my goals for next week:
    • take a "master swimming" class to learn how to swim better and burn more calories
    • try a yoga class
    • try an aerobics class
  • my gym offers so many classes at all hours of the day and evening, and it's all free, so i need to be brave, go out of my comfort zone (the pool), and try new stuff.
diet:
  • i'm sticking to the high protein, low carb diet.  i'm following the weight loss surgery rules about water (when to drink it, how much etc...)  i don't even miss bread, rice or pasta!
  • i am struggling with drinking wine.  i need to limit that to 1-2 times a week.  i was doing good with this until monday.  i keep coming up with reason why i "need" a glass of wine.  like:
    • i had a bad day at work!
    • i have PMS!
    • it's the weekend!
  • the thing is, i know better.  i never use those excuses to skip working out, so why use them to drink wine?  i need to work on this.  i don't need to beat myself up.  just try, try, try to get better.
i think trying, making improvements, and moving past the "mistakes" or failures is the key.  keep moving forward!



3 comments:

ginny said...

it sounds like you are doing an amazing job it cracks,me up that getting out of the pool would be getting out of your comfort zone!!! I could never b comfortable in a pool....secure etc. have you thought of drinking something out of a wine glass? sparkling grape juice? it might b easier . I can't niece you don't miss all of the bread, pasta etc. good for you. I'm def not there yet. I updated my bootcamp post. it still is hard to go.....keep up the great work!!!

Carol said...

I love that you're being so diligent! I have been trying to stick to the 21 day yoga challenge. I have not been 100% on top of it, but I have been at least doing yoga almost every day. I didn't do it Friday or yesterday, so today... back to downward facing dog. Even if it's just for 10 minutes!

I'm struggling, too, with drinking. I don't thinkit's a physical addiction, it's just such a habit. I have definitely been drinking much less beer, but I need to gear all of it way down.

Tom and I have committed to not drinking at all for 2 weeks, starting Feb 5th. Not going to lie, it's going to be hard.

Jen said...

the no drinking is so f'in hard!!!